Water fasting diet may sound simple. However, this diet is actually quite difficult to do. When you deciding to do water fasting diet program, you are not allowed to consume any food or drink other than water.
During water fasting diet program, your body does not get calorie intake, this is because water does not contain any calories at all. After some time, you will gain weight loss naturally. However, if you are not being careful when doing water fasting diet program, it can make your body lack of nutrients that are needed by your body.
There is some methods that is safe for your body when you deciding to do water fasting diet program, you can find out below …
How to do Water Fasting Diet Program Safely ?
Before going on water fasting diet program, you should consult to your doctor first, because this type of diet program should not be done carelessly. If your doctor has giving you permission to do it, then you can include water fasting as one of your diet programs.
Even so, to make it for not effecting your health conditions when doing water fasting, there are things you need to pay attention during your water fasting diet program, such as …
- If you never done this before, try practicing water fasting first to make your body wonted. At first, you can try to reduce your daily food portions gradually for about 3-4 days before starting water fasting diet program.
- Do water fasting only for 1-3 days in a week
- When you deciding to do water fasting diet program, you are advised to drink more water, which is 2-3 liters per day, since you are not get water intake from food.
- Avoid operating heavy equipment or driving a car, because water fasting diet program can make your body feel weak or dizzy.
- Don’t do any physical exercise during water fasting diet program.
- After your water fasting diet program is finished, you should not not immediately consume large amounts of food. Start eating with small portions of food first, then increase it gradually for the next 1-3 days.
The Health Benefits of Water Fasting Diet Program
Water fasting diet program is believed to be able to gain weight loss. However, keep in mind that the weight loss you had gained at the beginning of water fasting diet program is because the water and carbohydrate reserves in your muscles (glycogen) being reduced but not the fat. The fat will being reduced usually started on the second day of water fasting diet program.
Apart from gaining weight loss, water fasting also believed to be able to give also this kind of health benefits …
- Reducing blood pressure on your body
- Triggering your body rejuvenation process
- Reducing the risk of chronic diseases, such as heart disease, diabetes, or cancer
- Stress relieve
Although water fasting diet program can help you to gain weight loss, this type of diet program can pose health hazards, such as dehydration, nutritional deficiencies, and hypotension. Beside that, water fasting diet program can also make you dizzy, difficult to concentrate, and want to eat a lots of food after this diet program is finished.
So, consult with your doctor before undergoing water fasting diet program. The doctor will assess whether your health condition is allowed to undergo this diet program. In addition, your doctor can also recommending other methods of diet that are more safer in accordance with your body health condition.